Jay-Z May Open Up a Casino in New York
Rapper and entrepreneur Jay-Z is one of several groups vying for a gaming license to open a casino in New York City. His company, Roc Nation, has partnered with SL Green and Caesars Entertainment on its bid.
In an open letter to New York City officials, Jay-Z made his case for why he should be the one applicant granted the license. He said that his group has a “track record of turning words into deeds” and that they would put New York City and its residents first.
Jay-Z also said that his casino would be a “transformational project” that would create jobs, generate revenue, and boost tourism. He also promised to invest in the local community and to make the casino a “welcoming and inclusive space for all New Yorkers.”
The decision of who will be granted the gaming license is expected to be made in the coming months. If Jay-Z is successful, his casino would be the first in New York City since 1992.
Here are some of the key points of Jay-Z’s proposal:
- The casino would be located in Times Square.
- It would create 25,000 jobs.
- It would generate $1 billion in revenue for the city.
- It would boost tourism by 20%.
- It would invest $115 million in diverse theater programs.
- It would be a “welcoming and inclusive space for all New Yorkers.”
The decision of who will be granted the gaming license is expected to be made in the coming months.
There are a number of casinos that are owned or co-owned by celebrities. Some of the most notable examples include:
- Jay-Z and Roc Nation own a stake in the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Atlantic City.
- LeBron James and Maverick Carter own a stake in the Fontainebleau Miami Beach.
- Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson owns a stake in the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Hollywood.
- Shaquille O’Neal owns a stake in the Palms Casino Resort in Las Vegas.
- Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez own a stake in the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Hollywood, Florida.
These celebrities have all invested in casinos for a variety of reasons. Some are looking to make a profit, while others are interested in using their celebrity status to promote the casino and attract new customers. Whatever their reasons, these celebrities have all helped to make casinos more popular and accessible to people around the world.
In addition to these celebrities, there are also a number of other celebrities who have been known to gamble at casinos. Some of the most famous celebrity gamblers include:
- Ben Affleck
- Matt Damon
- George Clooney
- Paris Hilton
- Floyd Mayweather
- Michael Jordan
- Charles Barkley
These celebrities have all been known to spend large sums of money at casinos, and some have even been accused of having gambling problems. However, they also help to generate interest in casinos and make them more appealing to the general public.